Full-Service Medical Billing and Account Receivables (A/R) for an Urgent Care practice
A well-established Urgent Care practice located in Florida.
The client was struggling with their day to day billing due to high staff turnover. They had part-time help in order to keep up with their billing daily operations and hired a new medical biller as well. Their A/R was not being followed up on due to the lack of sufficient medical billing staff. It was all the practice could do just to get claims out in a somewhat timely fashion.
The client had to find a solution to their billing problem that was adding up. They never outsourced their Urgent Care billing due to concerns of lack of knowledge of the difference between billing for Urgent Care versus general medical practices.
They had concerns regarding the transition phase which could cause a delay in revenue. Also, the practice was concerned that an outsourced billing company would not have the necessary and sufficient knowledge of their existing specialized Urgent Care software to maintain the existing workflow of the billing processes.
- Develop an early training plan for our billing team to transition easily to the clients billing software
- Review all patients A/R and Insurance A/R
- Streamline a swift approach to better handle the current A/R and get it in control while capturing as much revenue as possible before facing issues with timely filing
- Put together a collections process for patients’ A/R to have a statements standard protocol and move patients to collections
- Centro’s BU Development Manager obtained login credentials for the client’s software prior to going live so that our staff could train and gain insight for the client’s current state of outstanding A/R
- Our billing team was able to self-train themselves through webinars and online training classes, so there would be no disruption of revenue in the transition phase
- A swift approach was taken regarding the insurance and patient A/R
- We established a collection policy for patient collections to ensure all patient A/R would be followed up on
- Our billing team was able to shrink the clients’ A/R by as much as 30% within the first 45 days
- Centro increased the clients’ monthly revenue by as much as 35% by streamlining the processes for daily claims filing as well as denial rework
- After outsourcing their billing service to Centro, the client’s A/R now is less than 60 days